Hi… I’m Stefani.. Stef will do, that is what everyone around here calls me. I’m new to this whole blogging thing so.. well here we go.
I’m a 20-something year old, stay at home mum to two adorable little girls. Miss T is 4, and Miss A is my terrible, terrible 2 year old. I’m married to the most amazing man who feeds my need for the beautiful life. Im a lover of all things beautiful. I want pretty. I love shiny. Gold is good. Pink is better. But i love all things b-e-a-utiful! Together, we have holes in our pockets, we live like kings and worry about it later. My life is beautiful and I want to share it all. So that is why i started my blog.. Well that and of course the fact that this whole “Mum-Life” can be fucking hard! Yes I said it.. come on, you were thinking it.
We all just want to relate. We want to know that what we are feeling, how we are acting, what we want and don’t want is perfectly normal.. I’d love to share my random, weird thoughts, and my hectic, sporadic days with the rest of the not so perfect mums out there who are just trying to feel somewhat normal, while caring for their children and keeping sane all at the same time.
You know, us mums – the best life jugglers out there! So why not share the awkward stories, as well as the great ideas and awesome finds with fellow women out there. Plus, i am also one of those really awesome chicks who loves everything girlie, pink, shiny, sparkly, pretty and can explore the wonderful world of being a girl.. but I’m also a complete tomboy and loves to get my hands dirty (well mostly its my knees from all those slide tackles, and burpees). Yes i am a bit of a fitness fanatic. Really, I was born into the soccer life. My dad, my sisters, husband, uncles, cousins, granny, dog, bird, etc all soccer.. yep. And almost 2 years ago I was introduced to another fitness regime known as Crossfit.. scary at first, super fun.. you know, not being able to move for at least a week after your first ever 3 minute workout.. and the rest is history. You become totally addicted and make amazing friends who love fitness and promote healthy eating and lifestyle changes.
While my family and I love to make good choices with food and live a healthy lifestyle, we also LOVE a small piece of chocolate (or the whole slab) every now and then because seriously, life is all about the food. My husband totally thinks i am crazy because that is truly my life moto. But i am sure there are a few of you out there, or a lot, that understand exactly what i mean. Food is so good. I love food so much I even enjoy taking photos of food. Leading me to my obsession with posting amazing, glorious, adorable and interesting photographs on my IG account (see my Instagram account link to the right). I am a big photographer enthusiast. What i love more than photos, is editing my photos and enhancing the beautiful features. Which is why i thoroughly enjoy my current choice of work. While staying home with my beautiful, assholic (is this even a word?) children, I run an online Etsy shop selling all things printable including invitations, party printables and our ever so popular planners. You can view my shop here.
So I’m also a serious list writer (like, serious) so i thought it easiest for me to create a list of things about me, that you might like to know.
1. This heart of mine was made to travel. Ahhh, bucket list is to see EVERYTHING!! I love love love, seeing new places. Rarely do i go back twice because honestly, there is not enough time in life to go back twice (except for paris, you gotta go back twice, or multiple times). I love seeing new destinations and i love to share my experiences with everyone.
2. I have Misophonia (well not clinically diagnosed but definitely self-diagnosed). Ok seriously.. this is serious. Literally, the hatred of sounds, where people have selective sound sensitivity that triggers a rage-like response to sounds like chewing, chomping, and slurping. Yes those soup dates for me are the worst. I just. can’t. do it. Ok so it causes people to just think i am plain old rude and intolerant but its not something i can control. its a serious condition..
3. I have a Behavioual Science degree. Before i became a mother, i studied for 4 years to become a clinical psychologist. Successful in my studies, i landed myself a job early on in my degree, so when i finished i would be able to begin working but, i fell pregnant with Miss T and that all went out the window, for now anyway (she is definitely worth it though).
4. I love to bake. Cakes, cookies, tarts, loafs, you name it. Best part about it – my two little ones love to do it with me. Miss T says she is going to be a baker when she is older.
6. I am of full European heritage. So my mother in from a small town in Finland known as Tampere and my dad a small island in Greece, known as Kalymnos. So total opposites, but it truly does make me such a unique blend..
7. I’m super organised and have minor heart pains when things are not in place. Come on, you have to be organised when your a mum. Plus, it makes my job so much more fun when you are planning and designing things that you will put in place and use yourself.
8. I love anything that comes packaged in white boxes (yes i am an apple addict).
9. I get massages at least once a fortnight (ok, maybe its once a week). This is so important i think. Massages have so many great health benefits. Mostly, it is the greatest way to relax when you are super tense from such annoying, rowdy, sooky la la kids. Thanks to my amazing supportive hubby, i am able to sneak away often to de-stress.
10. I get frustrated really easily. Like, really really easily. Like, if the empty plastic tumbler slips out of my hands while i am unloading the dishwasher, and bounces on the ground.. i will without a doubt, be frustrated. And we all know anything chomping, food related will get me to that point in a millisecond. Cars.. on the road.. serious road rage.. ok fine. thats a little excessive but its truth. my husband tells me i have issues. i like to think i am just unique.
So thats me, everything you need to know, truthfully me. If you don’t like me yet, stick around.. you’ll love me soon enough. It will be so much fun. Join me as i venture on, travelling the world and living this beautiful life.
So please, live beautifully with me.